Thursday, August 23, 2012

21 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:  It's been another good week of pregnancy! Happy to hit every milestone I get!
How Far Along: 21 weeks

Size of baby:  10.5in head to toe, and about 3/4 of a pound! Amazing. I am going to try soooo hard at my next appointment to ask for specific measurements/weight for my baby. I am so curious!
Weight: 117lb
Total Weight Gain: Gained 7lbs (6 according to my Dr.s scale). I'm happy to have easily maintained my weight this week, after feeling like I just exploded the last couple of weeks! I ate healthier so that must have helped, although I miss my sweets!
Stretch Marks: None
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing normal clothes, jeans with a hair tie in the button hole, and normal shirts. As I begin to look actually pregnant, I don't mind the tighter shirts so much, although I still avoid them if I'm going out in public. But I'm happy to wear them around the house!
Gender:  GIRL!!!! We think. :)
Names: We have a name picked out, but we're not announcing it until my next ultrasound where hopefully we will get a better view and confirm my doctors "pretty confident" guess of girl!
Movement: Feeling her almost every day, although she still has a few quiet days. I don't usually like those days, but she reassures me with a busy day the next day! (As a matter of fact she's kicking right now!)
Sleep: It's been pretty good! I feel like a rock when I get out of bed though. My body feels so heavy! But I usually sleep just like a champ.
Exercise: I'm making sure that if I don't walk the dogs every day, I do something active anyway. Yesterday I cleaned out the car. That involved a lot of squats and lifting, so I'll take it as exercise!
Symptoms: Quite a bit of growing pain this week. Dealing with back pain today. When I go on walks my stomach feels like someone is stretching it, and occasionally I get sharp shooting pains "down there". I'm not worried about them, and am grateful my body is growing along with baby!
What I miss: Nothing!
Cravings: I really wanted Bagel Bites this week, and waited two days before I caved and bought them. Well, Jake bought them because he's such a good husband. They were yummy, although I didn't eat nearly as many as I wanted! Fruit has also been great this week.
Aversions: Nothing!
Things to do: Umm.. everything. Buy crib, find a dresser, get a bigger car, etc etc. We haven't bought her anything yet. I think once we hopefully confirm gender in a few weeks we'll start buying more. 
Best Moment this week: Feeling my body grow. It can be painful but it's such a great reminder! And
Looking Forward To: My doctors appointment in two weeks, of course! And Jake said we might get the crib this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment