Thursday, July 5, 2012

14 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:  This has been a GREAT week! We had our first OB appointment and it went SO well, despite me being a nervous wreck. We even got an ultrasound and saw the baby moving all over! My doctor emails the pics instead of prints them out, and I am SO impatient to get them! Our baby was so cute!
How Far Along: 14 weeks

Size of baby:  I think three and a half inches? We meant to ask our OB during the ultrasound, but we were too distracted by the baby. ;) The size of a lemon! 
Weight: 111lb still. Doctor said that was a healthy weight to start out as. 
Total Weight Gain: Gained 1lb.
Stretch Marks: None
Maternity Clothes: None yet, although when it's cool enough to wear jeans I have to put a rubber band through the button hole so they fit more comfortably.
Gender:  Well if I were to believe the wives tales, according to the heartbeat we saw (160bpm) we're having a girl. But I honestly don't know at all. :) I can't wait to find out though! 
Names: Eric James for a boy (could still change) and zero idea on a girls name.
Movement: Still waiting to feel it! Doctor said it should be in the next couple of weeks!
Sleep: Sleep has been great! Except for when my husband forgets to set his alarm and the next morning I keep waking up worrying that we'll miss his alarm again.
Exercise: I've kept up with my prenatal yoga, five times a week. I also started walking 1 mile a day. Hopefully I can keep up with it! 
Symptoms: I am the bottomless pit. If I wanted to (which I do, I just don't) I could eat forever.
What I miss: Nothing really.
Cravings: Cold fruits, but our grocery budget this week was seriously lame and we couldn't afford any. I can't wait for next week! Also I finally got my fill of deli meats. My doc said of course I can eat them!
Aversions: Nothing I can think of right now.
Things to do: EVERYTHING. Jake and I agreed that once I hit week 20, we'll start buying diapers every week to try and stock up.
Best Moment this week:  SEEING MY BABY! The doctor pointed out the flutter of the heart to me and I was SO excited to be able to see it! Knowing my baby is safe and sound! And knowing it's only 4 weeks away 'till I get to see him/her again!
Looking Forward To: Rascal Flatts concert tomorrow! Hahaha. And just moving right along in this pregnancy!

Belly Pic: I've decided not to do one every week. I was hoping I'd have a baby picture to share, but still nothing from the doctor! When I get it I'll try to post it. :)

1 comment:

  1. fyi when the doctor emails you the photos, there should be some with measurements on it so you'll be able to see exactly how long the baby is! are you planning on getting an anatomy scan (usually happens between 18 and 22 weeks)? if so, you'll get to see all sorts of fun measurements like head circumference, abdominal circumference, crown to rump length, estimated weight, etc. :)

    eek, so, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete