Monday, February 20, 2012

Oreo Truffles


Look at them! In all their glory!

I found these babies on Pinterest. They are so easy, so fast, and so fattening, I'm sure! All it is is a package of double stuffed oreos, 4oz of cream cheese, and white chocolate for melting!

I ground up the oreos by putting them in a bag and rolling a vase over them (hey! You gotta be creative sometimes!), but you can also use a food processor. ;) Then I hand mixed them with cream cheese, which is huge for me cause I hate, hate, HATE getting my hands that dirty. But it was worth it! Then I rolled them in little balls and put them on wax paper and in the freezer to freeze.

About half an hour, and a decent amount of white chocolate melted, later I took out the truffles and rolled them one by one in the white chocolate. I put them in the fridge when I was done to let them set, then waited...

I was afraid I wasn't going to like them. The smell of the cream cheese was so strong it stunk up my entire freezer, and I could barely stomach it. But one bite into them and I was in LOVE! So was my husband. So were his coworkers!

They are a hit! It made around twenty or so, and I know that's not enough to last us more than a few days, but it's probably a good thing. I'm sure they're not the healthiest things out there, but I'm thinking it just might be worth it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love it when something turns out better than you thought! I just tried a recipe from Pinterest (and will blog about it) that looked good, seemed good, was actually nasty, but then found another recipe that made it better, so it all turned out ok! :)

    ReplyDelete