Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines treats!

So this year I'm much more health conscience than normal. The idea of getting loads of chocolate for Valentines Day made my stomach turn. So all I asked from Jake is a new book, and I would make some treats for the both of us! But I wanted it to be healthy... kinda. Pinterest (which is going to make me FAT) had some great Valentines day ideas without making you super tubo. Enter chocolate dipped pretzel rods, with little pink sprinkles! I got the dark chocolate because it's supposedly "healthier", and even though I searched and searched for whole wheat pretzels, I just couldn't find them. So I made do with normal.
It took about forty minutes. I just melted the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave until it was done, then rolled the rods on a chocolate covered spatula. Laid it on a baking sheet covered in wax paper, sprinkled some pink yummies on it, and wa la! After I was done I placed them all (three sheets worth!) in the fridge to firm up.

I just took them out and they came out perfect! I am so proud. I tried two little ones (rods that had broken). One with the pink sugar and one without. They were very good! It is a good thing I did dark chocolate, because I really don't like it. This is more of a treat for Jake. So I won't be too tempted to eat and eat!

I've been trying to be a better baker/chef for my hubs. I started last week and I think I'm doing pretty well. Just wait till you see what snack I make next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment