Thursday, November 11, 2010

I know I'm a geek!

As I'm sure lots of you know, the final Harry Potter (part 1) comes out next Friday, the 19th. I am beyond excited. My birthday is on Monday and tickets to the movie are the only thing I have asked for. I am not entirely thrilled at the fact that they are splitting up the movie in to two parts. HOWEVER! I am pleased that, by doing this, they seem to be putting in lots of the book in to the movie, so that the viewers do not miss out on too much. Book number 5 transferred to a movie was AWFUL! Not a bad movie, but if you hadn't read the book (as my dear husband hadn't), you're just left with lots of questions. Anyway, I digress.

I have given myself a challenge for the next week. I am going to re-read the 6th and 7th Harry Potter books before the movie comes out. I am beyond excited. That is 1411 pages in about 7 days, or 201 pages a day (give or take a few). I will not be reading on Saturday or Sunday because my husband is home and I won't neglect him, no matter how much I love the books! Also, he gets off work around 3:30 these days, so I will have from around 10am - 3pm to read.

Of course, I can't neglect my wifely duties either. The house will have to stay clean, the dog will be walked, and the kitties litter shall be scooped (as I speak, she's throwing it all over her room right now. Waaahoooo.....). And of course, the husband shall be fed. And I guess I will shower sometime in there too.

What a waste of time this is... but it's gonna be great!

1 comment:

  1. lol! Yay, another HP fan! I will be attending the midnight premiere, puppyless though. He has a hard time sitting through movies and this may be too much for him

    ReplyDelete