Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Happenings

Jake and I don't really celebrate Halloween. Actually, we don't celebrate it AT ALL. When I was younger I would go trick-or-treating at my church. Jake's family just had a nice dinner at theirs. So we were never much into the festivities. Plus, this year, we have no children. So, all this to say, we woke up Halloween morning with nothing too incredibly exciting planned.

Jake took Fala to the bathroom around 8:30 in the morning and came back saying, "WOW, it's cold!!!!" According to weather.com, it was 32 degrees, but with the wind chill it clocked in around 25. BRRR!!!!! I had been hoping all weekend there would be snow. There was rumors of snow. But when we woke up, no pretty little white stuff to be seen.

We go to a church up in Lincoln, which is about forty-five minutes north of us. It only took us about 20 minutes of driving before we were completely engrossed in snow!!! It was everywhere, and it was BEAUTIFUL! I was so unbelievably excited. Of course, I didn't have my camera on me. SO sad!!!! But I so enjoyed it. I felt like all the little kids at church. Their parents weren't excited, but the kids were running around making snowballs. I didn't make snowballs, but Jake did. Just for me. :)

When we got back to Bangor, weren't we pleasantly surprised to see just the tiniest dustings of snow on lawns, cars, and driveways. I had to take pictures. It's really very little, but enough for this Californian native to be beyond herself with excitement!

This is Belle. You can't tell how small she is in this picture, but she is right around 3 pounds, and around 5 months old.. Maybe closer to 4. I'm bad at remembering these things. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment