Friday, November 2, 2012

31 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:  My sister had her baby this week! She had a pretty easy labor (as far as they go, I guess) and Paige is beautiful! That's been the big thing this week. It makes me SO excited to have Reese! I am still content to wait 9 more weeks, though. :) I also had my doctor appointment yesterday. It was the first time I didn't get an ultrasound and I was little bummed, but I got over it. Overall things are still looking really good. When they tested my urine they told me I had low keytones (is that the right one? I get it confused with keynotes. Haha) so I needed to be drinking more water. That discouraged me because that's what I've been struggling with this whole pregnancy. They said it's not a big deal, but to be trying to aim for over 64oz during the day, and that has always been my goal. So far today I've already had 32oz and the day isn't even half over, so hopefully I can get back to where I need to be!
 How Far Along: 31 weeks (1 day)

Weight: 126lbs.
Total Weight Gain: 16lbs. Not doing too bad!
Stretch Marks: None
Maternity Clothes: Always maternity shirts, and now that I have another pair of maternity jeans I think I'll probably be living in them for the remainder of the time. Even though I still fit in my pre-preg jeans, maternity jeans are WAY MORE COMFY. 
Gender:  Girl!
Names: Reese Elizabeth!
Movement: Lots and lots. I'm beginning to distinguish her pattern. Ali (my sister) told me to pay attention, because so far her daughter has a very similar pattern outside of the womb as she did inside! Reese also hurt me for the first time this week. It was actually shocking how painful her kick was. It wasn't even in the ribs, just in the side. Since then she's been a good girl though. :)
Sleep: Sleep has been great! The night Ali was in labor I was up from 2:45am until 7am, so that was a pretty long night. But I've been able to get caught back up! My hips still hurt VERY badly sometimes, but I just start stretching them and they calm down.
Exercise: Thanks to hurricane Sandy, we've had four days of rain. So it hasn't been great and it NEEDS to get better.
Symptoms: I've had quite a few braxton hicks this week. I mentioned it to my doctor and he said it was normal, as long as they don't become painful or more intense. I think they've calmed down for now though. I don't like them, they freak me out!
What I miss: Nothing!
Cravings: Nothing much. My stomach gets so full so quickly these days that eating is jut not exciting!
Aversions: Nothing!
Things to do: Lots. Biggest thing is find a dresser! We need a place to put all her clothes! My brother and sister-in-law blessed us with some of their old baby clothes. So exciting!
Best Moment this week:  My sister having her baby! AND finding out Jake has a negative blood type also! No rhogam shots for me! It is SUCH a blessing from the Lord.
Looking Forward To: My baby shower tomorrow! Starting birthing classes on Monday! Going to Texas in 2.5 weeks (although I'm also rather dreading that)! My birthday in just under 2 weeks. November is a busy month!
Belly Pic: 


Oh and by the way, when my doctor measured my uterus he said "perfect!". So I'm assuming I'm right on track. To all the people who say I'm too small... psh! I'm not. So ha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment