Thursday, June 21, 2012

12 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:  So far, finding out I was pregnant has been a big one! Seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeat for the first time!
How Far Along: 12 weeks!

Size of baby:  I'm getting conflicting info here. One website says baby is 2 inches long, the size of a lime. Another says around 2.5in long, about the size of a plum. I know every baby measures differently, but I'm going to stick with a plum for this week! 
Weight: 111 today. Don't know if that's from the baby or just from bad eating habits.
Total Weight Gain: Gained 1lb.
Stretch Marks: None
Maternity Clothes: None yet!
Genders:  My gut tells me boy, but who knows!
Names: Eric (James?) for a boy, and no idea on a girls name. Maybe Shannon? It's way harder than a boys!
Movement: Well of course I haven't felt any, but we did see the little baby wiggle away at the ultrasound!Also this week it says baby is developing reflexes, so if I push on my belly the baby can wiggle away from it. So cute!
Sleep: Sleep has been ideal, and I'm learning how to manage my water intake so that I'm not up all night. I'm getting my energy back and it feels weird being able to stay awake until 10pm!
Exercise: It's been HOT and rainy this week but we've still managed in a few hikes.
Symptoms: Being constantly hungry (refuse to just ALWAYS eat though), yucky veins making themselves known, and some regular stretching pains.
What I miss: Nothing much, I like being pregnant.I do miss eating cold meat sandwiches. I'm so hoping my doctor will say it's okay!
Cravings: Cantaloupe. But I don't even know if it's cantaloupe season, and seeing as no grocery stores are selling it, I have to assume it's not. Sugar is also a big one right now, but I'm doing my best to limit it. AND MEAT! Hamburger every night would be fine with me!
Aversions: Veggies sound disgusting, but I'm doing my best to eat them anyway.
Things to do: EVERYTHING.My dad and his wife just had a baby not too long ago and they told us today they will give us a lot of stuff; car seat, bouncer thing, baby bjorn holder, bottles, pacis, everything! They had a little girl, but I'll take it anyway! If we end up with a boy I'm sure he will just be oozing masculinity, and wearing girly things (probably in the privacy of his own home) won't harm him. :)
Best Moment this week: Hitting the 12 week mark. I'm not sure why it's such a big thing though, I'm not in my second trimester 'till next week. But everyone says it's a big deal, so I'm celebrating! 
Looking Forward To: Seeing my doctor in a week and a half!


Belly Pic:








Not sure if that's a tiny baby bump or just my lunch. I'll go with a little baby bump though, why not?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment