Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're here!

Well, Jake and I arrived in Orrington, Maine this past Thursday. We had a very fun trip traveling across the country visiting my mom, sister, and brother! It broke our hearts leaving Fala in Texas, but she will be back hopefully within a month. I miss her very very much, but I know she's loving it there! She has a Boxer friend to play with, a beach to swim in, and a nice air conditioned house! Really, it doesn't get much better!

Maine weather has treated me decently so far. The past four days have been sunny and warm. Today is cold with rain off and on, but I'm finding myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. I hope my attitude will last like that for quite some time!

Maine is beautiful. I had forgotten just how pretty and green it is out here! Right now at his parents house I'm in our upstairs bedroom looking out the window and even though it's dark and rainy, it's still gorgeous. I'm working on getting pictures up here so everyone can see what it's like. This house is magnificent... 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, and tons of land... I love it! I'm enjoying being in such a big, comfortable house before heading back to an apartment. :)

Speaking of apartments, Jake and I have been quite the busy bee's searching for some. So far, it's either too expensive, or they don't accept dogs. I'm doing my best not to get discouraged, but it is hard sometimes. I know the Lord will provide.

I have also been busy the last few days finding jobs, calling places, getting resumes sent in, etc. Surprisingly, the Orrington/Bangor (the big city Orrington is near) has TONS of dog kennels/daycares! WAY more than Camarillo ever had! I'm shocked, but very pleased! I've called four places already, 3 are not hiring, but 1 is willing to look at my application. I would love to work at a dog daycare again, I think I would love it!

Not sure what else to update on. When I get off my butt to take pictures, I'll try to remember to post them. I also have pictures I took on our trip, but I don't feel like posting them right away. :)

1 comment:

  1. wow, you guys are getting things going pretty fast, don't worry, you will find a place. Adam and I are still looking, but with a town of maybe.....6000 its hard :(

    ReplyDelete